“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for,
it will be done for them by my Father in heaven."
(Matthew 18:19 NIV)
In God's word, Jesus assures us that if we agree on what we ask for, it will be done by our Father in Heaven. So I ask you today to come into agreement with me and all members of our worldwide prayer team on our intention to come into alignment with God's will regarding the child sexual abuse pandemic.
- Come into agreement with us that God wants every child to be protected from sexual abuse.
- Come into agreement with us that God wants bystanders to be knowledgeable and outspoken on behalf of children and their rescue from abuse.
- Come into agreement with us that God wants the professionals within "the system" to see the truth, protect children, and hold offenders accountable.
- Come into agreement with us that God wants the debilitating effects of childhood sexual abuse to be demolished and every survivor to be fully restored.
- Come into agreement with us that God wants those who once abused or are being lured to abuse, to be freed from the bondage of the enemy.
"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities,
against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."
(Ephesians 6:12 NIV)
Download the Prayer Guide and print for easy reference.
Below is a prayer guide that God wrote through me so that our prayer team would be in alignment with His will and in agreement with each other as we pray. It is not meant to be the end all in praying for this pandemic, quite the opposite. It is designed to be a launching point for all of us to use as we let the Spirit lead us and the pain in God's heart come upon us. I pray that you will incorporate prayers over this pandemic into your personal prayer time as well as corporate prayer time. The Lord may lead you to pray through the whole prayer on some days or ask you to carry the burden of a specific element day-after-day for weeks or months. Please allow the Spirit of God to work in and through you as you pray for our children and those who lost their innocence as children.
God has asked us to pray for specific things including prayers for:
- The prevention of child sexual abuse and the children who have not been abused and need continued protection.
- Parents and other surrounding adults to have wisdom and courage in setting boundaries that keep children safe.
- Curses and agreements of silence to be broken on behalf of children who have been or are being abused, and that they would be led by the Spirit to tell a trusted adult who will believe them and take appropriate action.
- Parents and other surrounding adults to recognize the signs of abuse as well as risky behaviors in child molesters.
- Parents and other adults to believe children and boldly intercede on their behalf when they see abuse, when a child discloses abuse, when they suspect abuse, and when they see risky behaviors that indicate abuse is likely to occur.
- Parents and other adults to report both known and suspected abuse to law enforcement and child protective services.
- School administrators, church leaders and all other youth-serving organization leaders to be proactive in the protection of children in their care; for them to set and enforce boundaries that prevent "grooming" and for them to understand and act upon their legal and moral obligation as mandated reporters.
- The police to believe children and make every effort to protect them. That they would do a thorough investigation and have God's wisdom in the collection of evidence through covert phone calls, providing a compelling case for the district attorney.
- The district attorneys to make their decision to press charges based on the testimony of the children and evidence collected instead of basing it on their desire for personal or political gain.
- Jurors to be knowledgeable about signs of abuse, behaviors of child molesters and consequences of abuse. That jurors would be led by the Spirit to clearly see the truth that only the child, the offender, and God know for sure.
- Social workers within child protective services to do their job including believing the child, effective forensic interviews, and providing the protection they are chartered to deliver.
- Divorce and custody cases with abuse allegations to be immediately removed from Family and Dependency Court and evaluated through the Criminal Court process.
- The Family and Dependency Court process to truly work on behalf of children, for the protection of children, and in their best interest according to God's will.
- Child molesters to be held accountable for their actions on earth and in the spiritual realm and for God to use their time of incarceration to bring them into submission and receipt of salvation through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Child molesters to be released from the bondage of the enemy and delivered into God's hands for redemption.
- Men, women, and children to be released from the bondage of pornography and sexual addiction.
- Mothers to know in their heart that life begins at conception and to stand strong against the enemy's temptation to kill their unborn children.
- Curses to be broken – that we would break the enemy's bondage over families, especially those who are experiencing generational incest.
- Deliverance – that we would break the enemy's bondage over all youth-serving organizations that have been entrusted with our children.
- Deliverance – that we would break the enemy's bondage over all of the organizations that have the responsibility to protect our children including the chains that bind police officers, social workers, district attorneys, judges, attorneys, 730 evaluators, mediators, minor's counsel, ombudsmen, treatment teams, and parents.
- Deliverance – that we would break the enemy's bondage over abortion clinics and mother's to be.
- Children and adults who are victims of satanic ritual abuse and mind control. That God's angel armies would go to their rescue and whisper deliverance prayers into their ears, teaching them to bind and rebuke the enemy. That the angels would guide them home.
- All survivors of childhood sexual abuse to receive healing through access to treatment and support in the earthly realm, as well as full restoration through the power of Christ's death and resurrection in the spiritual realm. And that those around them would uphold them in truth and love as they witness their healing journey.
- God's light to shine in every home, youth-serving organization, government office, and court of law.
- God's angel armies to come and intercede on behalf of God's children.
- The truth to prevail.
- God to bind the tongues of all those involved, take their thoughts captive to his will, and allow only the Holy Spirit to speak through them.
- The enemy's plans to steal, kill and destroy our children to be foiled.
- God to dismantle the repercussions of abuse:
- Separation issues – silence, isolation, deceit, no one knows the real you, unworthy of being loved, unable to give love
- Relational issues - lack of trust, fear of commitment, fear of intimacy, may stay single, may never have children, lack of bonding if they have children, build walls/barriers that minimize vulnerability and limit deep relationships, adultery, divorce
- Emotional issues - shame, guilt, fear, anger, confusion, unsafe, triggers, PTSD, anxiety attacks, broken, defiled, dirty, unworthy, self-hatred, helpless, hopeless, depression, suicide
- Behavioral issues – need to control (perfectionism, OCD, power struggles, authority issues, manipulating others, difficulty keeping friends and/or employment), anger management, vengeance, violence, retaliation, rebellion, crime, financial troubles, propensity for revictimization, prostitution, sex trafficking, abusive relationships, no voice, no choice, practice avoidance, addictions, cutting, eating disorders, lack self-control and perpetrate abuse – domestic violence, physical abuse, verbal abuse, sexual abuse, neglect
- Sexual issues - sexual confusion, sexual obsession/addiction, fear of intimacy, inability to enjoy sex, using sex for power, seeing self or others as sexual objects, affairs, sexually risky behavior, unprotected sex
- Physical issues - insomnia, digestive disorders, migraines, chronic pain, fatigue, inability to work regularly, cancer, liver disease, COPD, etc.
- Spiritual issues - doubt God's existence, don't understand why he allowed it to happen, he didn't answer prayers, stopped praying, anger at God, stopped communicating with him, ensuing sin, unforgiveness towards others, God, and self, lost hope, lost belief, lack purpose
- God's will be done in our life and that his people would follow his commands to:
- Love God with all your heart, soul, strength and mind (Luke 10:27)
- Restore the broken hearts, distorted thinking, weakened state
- Love others as yourself (Luke 10:27)
- Remove self hatred as their barometer and replace it with God's love for them
- Love God with all your heart, soul, strength and mind (Luke 10:27)
God has given us the formula for praying in The Lord's Prayer (Matthew 6:9-13 NIV) below. He has revealed to me that we should use this in our intercession. Note that his Word says that this is how we should pray, not that this is what we should pray. So please use The Lord's Prayer as a guideline and let the Spirit lead you to pray over your family, neighborhood, youth-serving organizations, city, state, nation, and world, in accordance with God's will and His calling in your time of prayer.
“This, then, is how you should pray:
- “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
- Worship and praise God, his character and his power for nothing is too big for him, not even the child sexual abuse pandemic.
- your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
- Surrender and claim God's will and his word for his people and his land.
- That he would not want one to perish and that we would live without abuse, pain, sickness, anger, and hopelessness but instead walk in his presence and exude the gifts of the Spirit - love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
- Give us today our daily bread.
- That God would give each person we pray for what they need to move toward him, his truth, and his will today; to prevent, to break the silence, to see the truth, to intercede, to protect, to uphold, to hold accountable, to heal, and the self-control to abstain.
- And forgive us our debts,
- We are still living under the law of Moses and God's commandments forbid sexual immorality. The law is in effect until the end of the age when heaven and earth disappear.
- Matthew 5:17-18 (NIV) The Fulfillment of the Law - “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
- BUT we can receive forgiveness of sin while in the earthly realm IF we confess. Confession includes both individual confession and corporate confession on behalf of all people groups we belong to. While confession and repentance does not necessarily negate the consequences of sin, as seen by the exile of the Israelites in the book of Ezekiel or the death of King David's son in 2 Samuel, it does make us right with God.
- 1 John 1:9 (NIV) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
- When we DO NOT confess our sin (individual or corporate) it gives the enemy an opportunity and right to torment us further. So, confess the sin of sexual immorality, sexual abuse and destruction of our children on behalf of our people (family, neighborhood, city, state, nation, world) as Nehemiah confessed the sin of the Israelites. Pray back through all generations to Adam and Eve.
- Nehemiah 1:4-7 (NIV) When I heard these things, I sat down and wept. For some days I mourned and fasted and prayed before the God of heaven. Then I said: “Lord, the God of heaven, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with those who love him and keep his commandments, let your ear be attentive and your eyes open to hear the prayer your servant is praying before you day and night for your servants, the people of Israel. I confess the sins we Israelites, including myself and my father’s family, have committed against you. We have acted very wickedly toward you. We have not obeyed the commands, decrees and laws you gave your servant Moses.
- as we also have forgiven our debtors.
- According to scripture, the enemy has legal rights to torment us when we are harboring unforgiveness. So, on behalf of our people, (family, neighborhood, city, state, nation, world) choose to forgive those who have sexually abused God's children, those who have failed to protect them and those who have participated in the destruction of our children in any way. Pray back through all generations to Adam and Eve.
- Ephesians 4:26-27 (NLT) And “don’t sin by letting anger control you.” Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry, for anger gives a foothold to the devil.
- Not only does unforgiveness give way to the enemy, it also keeps us from receiving God's forgiveness for our sins. This is another reason it is crucial for us to choose to forgive those who have hurt God's children.
- Matthew 6:14-15 (NIV) For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
- Confession of sin and choosing to forgive will begin to weaken the enemy and his hold on individuals, families and organizations.
- God has given me visions of deliverance from principalities and territorial spirits that make claim on organizations and land. BUT first things first, let our prayers of confession and forgiveness weaken the foundation upon which the enemy currently stands.
- And lead us not into temptation,
- We are tempted into sexual immorality by our own desires as well as Satan and his forces.
- James 1:14 (ESV) But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.
- James 4:7 (NIV) Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
- Pray for believers who need God's transforming power to overcome their own desires.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV) No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
- Claim Jesus' power and authority over everything in heaven and on earth and pray that he would give strength and self-control to those who do not know him who are being tempted to defile our children, for Jesus came to destroy the work of the devil.
- 1 John 3:8 (NIV) The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.
- but deliver us from the evil one.’
- We are destroying each other – Satan is using us to destroy ourselves: our children, our communities, our nation, mankind and the Kingdom of God.
- Matthew 12:25 (NIV) Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.
- Pray that God would give us the strength, wisdom, and perseverance to stand against the enemy. That we would put on the armor of God and intercede on behalf of our children, knowing God's will and claiming his power.
- Ephesians 6:13 (NIV) Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
- We are in great trouble but God will provide all we need if we only ask. Pray for miracles so that God may be glorified for his provision.
- Psalm 50:15 (NIV) and call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me.”
- We are more than conquerors.
- Romans 8:31 (NIV) What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?